Senior Partner, Michalis Kamperis, at Cyprus Fiduciary Association Seminar, “Crypto Asset Service Providers & Cryptos: Registration, Legal Issues & AML Implications” | Nicosia, September 8th 2022
In his speech concerning the regulatory framework, conditions & legal challenges of the Registration of Crypto Asset Providers with CYSEC, our partner, Mr. Kamperis, mainly addressed the following issues, providing essential insights on a topic that can be characterized as both extremely interesting yet rather challenging.
- Current legislative framework for crypto asset services providers in Cyprus
- What is a crypto-asset?
- Who is a Crypto Asset Services Provider (CASP)?
- Financial Services Relating to Distribution, Offering and Sale of Crypto-Assets
- Main CASP-related points concerning the Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Law
- CySEC Directive for the Register of crypto asset services providers of 2021
- CySEC Policy Statement no. PS-01-2021 on the Registration and Operations of Crypto-Asset Services Providers
- Which CASP is obliged to Register in CySEC? (territorial scope)
- Submission of application for registration in the CASP Register
- Key Obligations for CASP registration and CySEC approach
- Initial Capital of CASPs
- Registration charges
- Current status of the CASP Registers in CySEC
- Profile of RT Digital Securities Cyprus Ltd
- Pre- and post-approval requirements for the registration in the CAPS Register of CYSEC
- Minimizing the risk of theft or loss of the crypto assets of CAPSs’ clients
- The “arrival” of MiCA
- Transparency of crypto asset transfers
Need more detailed consultation on the above matters?
Do not hesitate to contact us.