Attorney to contact
Michalis Kamperis - Advocate/Partner
he two name partners are experts in Competition Law and EU Law in general. They both have worked during the accession negotiations of Cyprus as Legal Officers in the European Union Department of the Attorney General' s Office.
Further, both held the positions of Legal Advisors at the Office of the Commissioner for State Aid in Cyprus from 2001 until 2003.
Our firm offers expertise in matters that are specific to EU Law such as the fundamental EU Treaty provisions, the EU legislative process and litigation before national and EU Courts:
We advise and represent
SME's and large corporations, public institutions, trade unions and non-governmental organizations in all aspects of EU law, most notably public procurement and other single market legislation such as energy and utilities, environmental and technical standards regulation, air transport and telecommunications, as well as use of the EU funding programs such as the structural funds and R&D programs.
Ierotheou, Kamperis & Co. LLC is particularly active in the legal drafting and vetting of primary and secondary legislation for the harmonization of the Cypriot legal order with the constantly evolving EU legal order. Our firm advises and represents clients in all aspects of competition law, including the effect and application of the competition rules both on a national and EU level. We also advise on the implementation and effect of EU legislation in Cyprus.
Our experience includes
1. Advising international and national clients on Cypriot anti trust provisions and the implementation of the legislation in force governing monopolies, oligopolies and the protection of free competition
2. Dawn raids
3. Advocacy before the Cyprus Commission for the Protection
of Competition and the appropriate EU Institutions
4. Advising on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, privatisations
and joint ventures
5. Drafting and submission of complaints before the European Commission on competition issues
6. Advising on state aid issues and representation before the Office
of the Commissioner for State Aid in Cyprus
7. Advise on anti-dumping rules and procedure